Juicing provides a convenient way of enjoying a healthy lifestyle, however, it can also be rather costly, with some appliances retailing within a higher price range. The AICOK Slow Masticating
Juicer is here to cater to those on a budget. Though it may be an affordable option it doesn’t compromise on performance and as a masticating juicer, it is going to create high-quality juices.
If you are questioning whether the AICOK Slow masticating juicer is right for you, we have created a review to help ease any doubts that you may have.
Continue reading if you would like to find out more about this juicer's features along with the things and those that could benefit from improvement.
The AICOK Juicer is an affordable option for those who enjoy daily juicing. It provides a great way of incorporating leafy greens into your diet.
This slow masticating juicer has a 150 watt motor which is more than sufficient for a juicer of this kind. This power is complemented by the seven-segment spiraled auger which juices hard and soft ingredients.
It also operates at 80 RPM and preserves 90% more nutritional value by producing less heat so the heat-sensitive enzymes aren't destroyed.
As a masticating juicer, a minimal amount of noise is produced when it is functioning. This is because it operates at a slower speed and doesn't use harsh movements to breakdown the ingredients.
This juicer has a rated noise output of 60 decibels so it can be used in a setting where others are present without being too distracting.
Likely, you will be able to hold a conversation with others without the noise affecting how well you can hear one another.
The Juice Quality
Although this model creates juices with a thinner consistency, they have a 3 day shelf life because they are exposed to less oxidation.
It also has a higher juice yield as it thoroughly squeezes all of the fruits and vegetables to ensure that all of the vitamins and minerals have been extracted.
The filter inside the juicer will collect the pulp so you can enjoy juices with a smoother consistency and less foam.
Juice and Pulp Separation Function
This function separates the pomace from the juice. Once separated, the pulp will be automatically ejected and stored in a separate compartment.
As such, less mess is produced as the residue is collected in this compartment.
The body of the juicer has a switch for the following functions; turning the appliance on and off and an R for the reverse function.
If the juicer is overfilled the reverse function will prevent it from becoming clogged and jammed.
Cleaning and Maintaining the Juicer
Cleaning this juicer is a breeze thanks to the one-button disassembly feature. Taking the juicer apart in preparation for cleaning is an easy task and one that can be done in a matter of seconds.
Unlike many other models, it isn't overly complex and doesn't have components that are abstractly shaped. Because of this, most are pretty easy to reach.
The parts are also dishwasher safe simply requiring you to rinse off the residue before allowing your dishwasher to do the rest.
You are also provided with a cleaning brush for the filter but this can also be used for the intricate components where a small amount of residue remains after dishwashing.
Although the stainer can be quite difficult to clean, this difficulty can be overcome by using the brush provided.
Ease of Use
One of the favorable aspects of this juicer is how easy it is to use. Simply assemble the six parts and the motor, and then it is ready to be used.
As a masticating juicer, it doesn't have lots of settings, so you will not need to familiarize yourself with lots of functions before you intend to use it.
- Color Availability - Something that we particularly like is that this juicer is available in an assortment of colors. Along with the classic black color, it is also available in grey, red, white, and green. Because of this, you can select the color that you feel is going to compliment the aesthetic of your kitchen and other appliances.
- Quality Assurance - This blender is provided with 3 years of quality assurance and access to lifelong customer service support when required. Should you be dissatisfied with the product that you receive or experience any issues with its functionality there is support and a resolve to the issue available.
- Affordable - When compared to offerings from other well-known brands, this model is excellent value. Even if you are on a budget, you do not have to miss out on a high-quality blender as this unit is a very strong and affordable contender.
- UL and ETL Certified - Impressively, this juicer is both UL and ETL certified meaning that it has been tested and has met nationally recognized safety and sustainability standards. For this reason, you can be sure that it is safe to use.
- Masticating Technology Preserves Ingredients - Although masticating juicers take longer to create juices, the technology used retains much more nutritional value. It will also extract the maximum yield of juice with minimal oxidation. On the whole, juicers of this kind are deemed to be less damaging to the nutritional properties of the ingredients because they don't expose them to as much heat.
- BPA - free Parts - The detachable components are made from food-grade Tritan material which is BPA-free. As such you can be confident in the safety of this juicer. The spiral has also been made from PMMA material so when consuming your juices you aren't going to be confronted with the taste of metal.
- Easy to Store - The compact size of this juicer means that it is easy to store. If you don't wish to keep it displayed on your kitchen countertops, it is more than likely to fit under the cupboards or inside a cupboard. It is also simplistically designed so it isn't going to be an obtrusive addition to your kitchen area.
- Staining - Unfortunately, as the container is made of plastic, it is prone to staining, and overtime this may cause the appearance of the juicer to deteriorate. Ensuring that it is washed thoroughly will help to minimize this issue ensuring that there isn't much residue left inside.
- One Speed Setting - As a masticating juicer, it only has one speed. Because of this, you can't increase or decrease the speed to accommodate different thicknesses of fruits and vegetables and you may find that some ingredients take longer than others to breakdown.
- Small Feeder Tube - Because this juicer is designed with a smaller feed chute you will find that bigger and chunkier ingredients will need to be cut down into smaller pieces before they are inserted. For this reason, you may find yourself spending lengthy amounts of time preparing your ingredients beforehand inserting them into the container.
- The Jug size - The jug that accompanies this juicer is quite small so you will likely find that you will be making juices in smaller quantities. While this may not be an issue for individuals, if there are a few people in your household, you may not find it big enough to cater to everyone, and instead, you may need to make multiple batches.
The AICOK Slow Masticating Juicer will likely be a welcomed addition to the kitchens of many. Not only does it perform very well but it is also affordable and reliable.
Of course, as with most juicers, some features could benefit from slight improvement, however, on the whole, it is a worthy contender that is likely to aid you in the process of creating some great-tasting, healthy juices.