Best Hand Juicer
For me, I don’t need to juice to make weight for my fights. I just go it for the health benefits, to keep my body healthy and get my greens in me - Demetrious Johnson
At one time or another, we’ve all thought about our health and wellbeing and have made at least one solemn vow that we need to try and adopt a healthier lifestyle.
If you’re anything like us, you’ve probably discovered that one of the easiest ways to take the first step on your personal health journey is by juicing and increasing your daily intake of fruit and vegetables.
But like most people, you’ve put off trying it because it’s a big shift in your daily lifestyle and those sorts of huge changes can be scary, messy, and complicated.
The problem is, the longer you put that decision off, the more difficult it’s going to be to finally make the transition that you desperately want to.
The longer you wait, the more chance there is that you could, at some point, develop dietary and health-related issues that would have been far easier to face head-on if you’d embraced a healthier approach to your daily routine when you first thought about, and started considering, making the move to juice.
There is some good news though. It’s never too late to start juicing, and you don’t have to throw yourself into it, you can start small and gradually work your way up to the big leagues. Or, if you prefer, you can make juicing a part of your life rather than devoting yourself to it wholeheartedly.
All of the most successful journeys, and the ones that make a real difference, begin with baby steps and that’s why we’ve searched high and low for, and put together a list of, the best hand juicers so that you can stride into the world of juicing at your own pace and without fear.
Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life…
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
One of the main reasons why more people don’t take up juicing is because they think it’s far more involving and elaborate than it actually is.
If you want to, you can take juicing to extremes and make it as intricate and complicated as you want it to be. It can also be simple and effective, and the Switol Pro Juice Press has been designed to help you take the path of least resistance and makes juicing easy.
Adopting a three-stage route to juicing heaven, all you need to do to use the Switol is cut your fruit in half, place it in the strainer (flat side down) and push down on the handle.
It really is that straightforward, and thanks to the no-nonsense approach that the engineers who built it took to heart, it leaves all of the pulp behind, and deposits all of the juice in your waiting glass. No mess, no fuss, just juice.
The Switol has a heavy base which makes it stable and a long handle to ensure that you’ll have as much leverage as you need in order to apply all of the pressure that you want to squeeze as much juice as possible out of every piece of fruit that you place in its strainer.
Nothing is wasted, and this press is an ideal way to transform fruit into juice in three easy steps.
- It’s a simple to use, three-step juicer that does exactly what it claims it will without wasting any of the fruit or over-complicating the extraction process.
- The Switol is also easy to clean as all the pulp is collected in the strainer, which can be easily removed and washed by hand. And as soon as it’s clean? It’s ready to juice again.
- Even though it’s incredibly simple and straightforward to use, it comes with an instruction manual that will guide you through every step of juicing process and fill in any, and all, of the juice, related, and operational blanks that you might have.
- Some users have reported that the Switol isn’t quite as stable as its manufacturer claims it is and can, and has tipped over while they were attempting to extract the juice from lemons and limes, while other juicers have stated that it isn’t as hardy or as durable as they hoped it would be.
Hamilton Beach has set the hand press juicer bar pretty high, as their answer to the home juice conundrum has been in constant production, in one form or another, since nineteen thirty-two.
And for the last nine decades, they’ve been tweaking and adjusting so that it can rise to any citrus juicing challenge.
Thanks to its tried, tested and well-honed heavy-duty gearing system, Hamilton Beach’s juicer is able to exert up to two thousand pounds of pressure on any citrus fruit that you want it to pulp, which means that anything it squeezes will be turned to juice when you push down on the handle.
And as it’s fitted with SureGrip feet, it doesn’t matter which surface you put it on when you start juicing, it won’t slip, it won’t slide and it’ll remain firmly rooted in place.
As well as retaining its eternal good looks and retro-charm, Hamilton Beach used an anti-acid finish on the juicer, so it’ll never need more than a quick wipe down to ensure that it remains in perfect working order and continues to juice for as long as you want, and need, it to.
It always has been, and we’re pretty sure that it always will be, the worldwide standard for commercial hand juicers,
- The ingenious gearing system that it uses means that you don’t need to apply much pressure to start juicing, it’ll do it all for you. In fact, it’ll apply up to two thousand pounds of pressure (its gearing system really is a product of engineering genius) to the citrus fruit that you want it to squeeze. It’s never met any member of the Citrus fruit family that it couldn’t handle.
- The pulp and juice extract are collected in a swing-out four-ounce cup that’s been purpose-designed to accommodate all of the waste that a single citrus fruit will produce when it’s juiced. And its swing-out design makes it easy to remove and clean when you’ve finished pulping and juicing.
- Hamilton Beach has been making their citrus juicer since nineteen thirty-two, and they’ve used that time to ensure that it is perfectly adapted to the purpose that it was designed and made for, to juice citrus fruits. There’s a reason why it’s become the standard-bearer for all other hand juicers, and we’re absolutely certain that’s due to continuing longevity.
- A handful of less than satisfied juicers have complained that some of the components, mainly the plastics parts, that are used in this juicer are prone to failure. Whether that’s due to this juicer starting to feel its age or the fact that Hamilton Beach has adjusted its design a little too much, we have no idea. But as said failures are incredibly rare and few and far between, we’re more inclined to believe that a manufacturing error that has since been corrected was to blame.
If we had a dollar for every hand juicer manufacturer that we’ve encountered in the decade that we’ve spent happily consuming as much juice as we want to, we’d have been able to invest in Beverly Hills real estate and would be planning a long, happy and glitzy retirement.
So in order for a juicer to make this list, it has to be something really special. And that’s why Vivohome made the cut.
Fashioned from food-grade stainless steel and cast iron, it’s made to be durable and last long enough to become a family heirloom that’s passed down from one juicing generation to the next.
Its handle has an ergonomic rubberized covering which is designed to allow you to get the maximum juicing effect from minimal physical effort, and it can withstand up to two thousand three hundred pounds per square of juicing pressure. This means that the fruit goes in and only juice comes out.
And if that wasn’t enough to convince you that the Vivohome means juicing business, its heavy-duty base is fitted with rubber suction feet, so when it’s stuck down, it’ll stay locked in place so that you can exert every single of those two thousand three hundred pounds of pressure on whatever citrus fruit it is that you’re juicing.
- The stainless steel cone and funnel parts are completely dishwasher safe, so you can just empty the pulp, throw them in the dishwasher, and when they’re clean, you can start juicing again. And yes, of course, you can wash them by hand if that’s your preferred way of doing things. It’s how we do it, and we’ve never had a problem with the Vivohome.
- It isn’t just tough, it’s super-tough and we’re willing to bet that if Superman used a juicer, this is the one he’d pick.
- Two thousand three hundred pounds of pressure is a lot, and there isn’t a piece of citrus fruit in the known world that wouldn’t succumb to that kind of force.
- And if you don’t like the color that it comes in, you can opt for one of the six different shades of the artist’s palette that Vivohome supplies it in.
- Talking of color, the paint that Vivhome uses to finish this juicer seems to be a bone of contention in the juicing community. Apparently, it isn’t as durable as the rest of the juicer is and can start to flake off, which while adding to its rustic appeal, could be, as one disgruntled user pointed out “a health hazard”. Or at least it would be if the paint that Vivohome used was dangerous. But as the paint they use is completely non-toxic, it isn’t dangerous or a health hazard.
Their name might not be instantly familiar to you, but once you’ve used their juicer you’ll never forget who Rovsun are.
Another easy to use three-stage juicer that firmly adheres to the slice, dice, and squeeze rules of juicing, with the Rovsun on your side, all you’ll need to start your juicing adventure is a knife and some citrus fruit.
Built to last, Rovsun used cast iron and stainless steel to make their juicer, which means that it’s strong enough to stand up to all the juicing punishment that you’ll hand out it to and whatever trials and juicing tribulations you subject it to, it’ll take them all in its stride.
Its handle uses a comfortable rubber grip that’s designed to ease the stress that the juicing process inflicts on your hands, and to prevent the handle from falling when it’s not in use, Rovsun has also equipped their juicer with a patented lock that holds it in place.
In fact, Rovsun is so sure that you’ll fall for their juicer, they offer a lifetime of troubleshooting service, so if you do run into any problems, you can reach out to their dedicated customer service team and they’ll be happy to help you to get right back to juicing in next to no time.
- It’s been fashioned from stainless steel and cast-iron which makes it harder than blades forged in the fiery furnaces of veteran blacksmiths. In other words, it’ll last you a lifetime.
- And while we’re on the subject of lifetimes, Rovsun’s surety and faith in their juicer and guarantee that they’ll always be in hand to help you should anything go wrong with it means that they, and their juicer, get our double juicing thumbs up.
- It’s a three-stage juicer that’s been purposely designed to be simple and straightforward to use and easy to clean. It’s an ideal first, last, and always juicer for novices and long-time devotees alike.
- It seems that the Rovsun isn’t without its share of detractors. Their issues with the juicer all seem to be fixated on the same things, that the manufacturing and build quality of the juicer wasn’t, and isn’t, all that Rovsun claims it is.
Juicing isn’t just about fruit, and Lexen was one of the first brands to fully understand and appreciate that.
Known as the original healthy juicer, this machine was designed to do for the vegetable world what the other hand juicers on our list do for the citrus world. To turn them into a delicious juice to power you toward a more healthy lifestyle.
While it’s perfectly capable of handling vegetables like carrots, the Lexen is more suited to the growing trend for green vegetable juices, Perfect for turning celery, spinach, and wheatgrass into healthy, wholesome juice, this masticating juicer uses a turning handle to pulp, chew up and juice whatever greens you feed it.
Developed and designed by people who juice, the Lexen is simple to use and straightforward to clean and has been built to catapult you headlong into the juicing world.
Proud of the fact that they don’t, as they put it, “cheap out” on the parts that they use to make their juicer, Lexen has fashioned this incredible masticating machine from stainless steel and BPA free unbreakable plastic.
It’s been made to accompany you on every step of your juicing journey, and if Lexen is to be believed (and there’s no reason that they shouldn’t be) it will last you for a lifetime.
- Made from unbreakable plastic and stainless steel, the Lexen is your passport to a healthier and happier life as long as you’re willing to accept its invitation to the green juice ball.
- It’s fitted with a suction cup and clamp, and as long as they’re attached to whatever surface you’re using the Lexen on, it won’t move a millimeter while you’re using it to make all the juice that you’ll need for the day.
- It’s easy to use and clean. What more could anyone want from a juicer?
- Actually, we’re glad that you asked that question (the one about what more could anyone want) as Lexen has thought about that too, and if you’re not completely happy with your juicer, as long as you return it within thirty days, they won’t argue or try to change your mind, they’ll just give your money back.
- It’s made up of a lot of smaller parts, so when you do clean it, it’s important that you put everything back together in the order that you took it apart as the Lexen can and will drip if you don’t. And the last thing that you’ll want, or need, is a floor covered in the green juice and fruit of your juicing labors.
Best Hand Juicer Buying Guide
Which Hand Juicer Is The Right One For Me?
That depends entirely on whether you want to make the transition to green juices or take your first tentative steps into the juicing world by beginning to enjoy the benefits of fresh citrus juice.
If you’re driven by the former, then the only choice on our list is the Lexen, which is adored by the juicing community and has earned its title as the original, best, healthy hand juicer a hundred times over.
However, if you’re looking to find your footing in the juicing world, then we’d recommend starting your journey with the Rovson Commercial Juicer. It’ll do everything that you’ll need and want it to at a price that won’t hurt your pocketbook or destroy your bank balance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is A Hand Juicer?
A hand juicer is a machine that has been purposely designed and built to help to extract the juice from fruit and vegetables.
They work by exerting pressure on, or pulping, the fruits and vegetables that you feed into them by breaking them down into juice, and pulped fruit and vegetable matter.
Even though they are mainly designed to be used with citrus fruits, growing demand for green juices has seen the number of hand juicers that can successfully transform green vegetables into delicious juice has increased exponentially in the last decade.
A perfect way to start enjoying a healthier lifestyle by making it possible for you to prepare and enjoy fresh juice whenever you want, hand juicers have found a new audience and fan base among the generations who are determined to live a much more health-conscious, and focused life.