When you work long, hard days at work, it can be difficult to fit your five-a-day in, especially if you’re out of the house for the majority of the day.
Insufficient fruit and vegetable consumption is often associated with the increased risk of a number of chronic diseases, including type 2 diabetes, so it is essential that you make sure that you’re eating a balanced diet.
If you have limited time on your hands and minimal space in your kitchen, yet need a simple solution for incorporating more greens into your daily life, a small and compact juicer is the answer for you.
Check out our top pick below.
OUR TOP PICK
The Breville BJE200XL Juice Fountain Compact Centrifugal Juicer features an extra-large 3-inch feed tube and is built for convenience!
This small juicer packs a punch! The 700-watt motor operates at 14,000 RPM for maximum extraction, meaning you get the most out of your produce!
The heavy grade polymer body and stainless-steel cutting disc surrounded by an Italian-made micro mesh filter to extract up to 30% more juice and 40% more vitamins.
- This juicer features a safety locking arm! The juicer will not operate without the juicer cover in place and safely locking the arm in place in the vertical operating position.
- Easy to clean and maintain! Dishwasher safe parts, with a custom cleaning brush, included for your convenience.
- Shortened prep time! The unique 3” extra-wide chute feed allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without pre-cutting.
- A few customers noted that they had trouble with this particular juicer leaking.
The Cuisinart CJE-500 Compact Juice Extractor is designed to be multifunctional, so you can juice everything from soft foods and leafy greens to denser fruits and vegetables!
This juicer’s mesh filter basket and blade assembly grind fruits and vegetables to extract the maximum amount of juice.
The Food Pusher fits securely into the feed tube to guide fruits and vegetables properly while juicing.
- This juicer features a separate pulp container that collects up to 40 ounces and is removable for easy cleaning!
- Easy and convenient to maintain! This juicer comes with a cleaning brush to remove any excess pulp from the container.
- One-touch operation! An on/off push button with a blue LED makes the juicer simple to use, especially for those individuals new to juicing!
- One customer claimed that this particular juicer struggled to separate the pulp from the juice.
The Hamilton Beach Juicer Machine with stainless-steel micro-mesh cutter/strainer can turn dense fruits and vegetables into nutritious juice in seconds!
This juicer features an extra-large 3-inch feed chute that fits whole fruits and vegetables - Fit a whole apple, a peeled orange, there’s no need to pre-cut your fruits and vegetables!
The Hamilton Beach juicer boasts a powerful electric motor for maximum juice: 800w of power can turn a variety of whole foods into smooth juice with ease.
- Easy to clean! All of the removable parts are dishwasher safe and BPA free, meaning you can make juice whenever without worrying about the clean-up process.
- This juicer boasts a convenient extra-large pulp bin, meaning that you don’t have to stop the process to empty out the pulp.
- The Hamilton Beach juicer comes with a 3-year warranty, so you don’t have to worry about trying this addition to your kitchen!
- A couple of customers noted that they had trouble cleaning this specific juicer.
The AMZCHEF Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor is built for masticating for maximum juice yield, minimal oxidation!
All detachable parts are made of high-quality food-grade anti-oxidation materials (BPA-free), so it’s safe to drink!
This juicer provides a higher and purer Juice yield and richer nutrition! The AMZCHEF cold press juicer uses a low-speed motor and fine grinding which best retains the nutritional value of your fruits, veggies, and greens.
- This juicer has a reverse function to help prevent fruit and veggies from getting stuck and aids the clean-up process.
- Effectively separates the juice from the pulp with slow speed in a few minutes, such as extracting gingers, celery, wheatgrass, oranges and other fibrous fruits and vegetables
- The one-button disassembly makes this juicer incredibly easy to clean and maintain for your convenience!
- One customer struggled with this juicer becoming hot after frequent use.
The Bagotte Compact Juice Extractor is designed with a food-grade stainless steel cutting disc to extract a higher juice yield.
This juicer boasts a safety locking arm and overheating protection to ensure that the cover is on tight while operating for your safety and the machine can’t overheat.
When the temperature exceeds 105 degrees, the electric motor will stop automatically.
Saves you prep-time! The Bagotte juicer features a 65mm wide-mouth meaning that you can juice whole fruits and vegetables without pre-cutting or slicing.
- This juicer is designed with an anti-drop function, no need to worry about juice spilling everywhere.
- The Bagotte juicer is easy to assemble and disassemble, all parts can be cleaned except the main unit.
- 100% 2-year warranty so you can buy this juicer with confidence!
- A couple of customers noted that the motor was not as strong as they were hoping.
The Best Small Juicers Buying Guide
There are a few things to consider when purchasing a small juicer, but it mainly comes back to how easy it is to maintain, its durability, and RPM.
You'll ideally want a small juicer that still packs a punch, so don’t be persuaded into buying a lower-quality juicer.
Lower quality juicers can often be less effective at removing the pulp and fruit from your juice, and you are more likely to find that you’re not satisfied with the outcome.
Have a browse of these factors before making your purchase.
Something important to take into consideration when purchasing a juicer is how easy it is to maintain. Ideally, you will want to invest in a small juicer that is easy to clean, as the less convenient it is to clean the less you are likely to use it.
You’ll want to make sure that you clean your juicer after every use, to ensure that it is clean and ready to go the next time that you wish to use it.
No one wants to waste hours of time cleaning one appliance, so make sure you get a low-maintenance juicer!
If you're buying a juicer as an easy method to incorporate more fruit and veg into your life then you don’t want the maintenance of the appliance to get in the way of your healthy, balanced lifestyle! Make sure that you pick a juicer that is easy to clean.
An important factor to take into account when choosing a juicer is its durability. Although this will largely be revealed through testing out the product yourself, there is another method of figuring out whether a product is durable.
A good indicator of this is to check the product reviews section. If someone has experienced any issues with the product that you’re looking to purchase or has had a negative experience to report about a brand’s customer service, it is likely that they’ll tell you in the product reviews section.
If in doubt about a product, always make sure that you check the product reviews section to ensure that you have a realistic perception of the product before you buy it and can see whether it is durable by doing your own research on the product.
Something to consider when purchasing a small juicer is the RPM (rotations per minute). Cold press juicing at low speeds of 80 RPM minimizes heat build-up and oxidation.
This is in contrast to the fast juicers which usually employ centrifugal juicing technology and rotate at over 1,000 RPM, sometimes reaching 16,000 RPM or more.
Which juicer you opt for will be largely down to personal preference and the intended use of the juicer, as well as the types of fruits and vegetables you intend to juice.
Generally speaking, slower juicers tend to produce more pulp, so this is something to take into consideration, also.
You should also consider the safety features that come with your juicer.
Some juicers come with a safety locking arm to ensure that the juicer will not operate without the juicer cover in place and safely locking the arm in place in the vertical operating position.
As a result, there is less chance of your juicer leaking everywhere or causing an accident.
You should always check the warranty of a product before purchasing it, especially if you plan to be using it on a regular basis.
If you’re buying a juicer to incorporate more nutrients into your daily life, you will need it to withstand the test of time and you will want to be covered should anything go wrong with your product sooner than anticipated.
Typically speaking, a warranty tends to cover one year, but this can vary depending on the company in question.
To avoid disappointment, always make sure that you’re happy with the warranty before making your purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of juicing?
There are multiple health benefits of juicing. Namely, it allows you to incorporate more fruit and vegetables into your diet and can therefore work to help boost your immune system.
Juicing can also help remove toxins from your body, aid digestion and help you lose weight. Juicing is great if you live a busy lifestyle on the go or simply don’t enjoy eating greens.
Simply pair them with your favorite fruits and you’ll hardly taste them!