For many, juicing is a great way of introducing fruits and vegetables into their diet. After enjoying great-tasting homemade juices, you may be hesitant about purchasing store varieties in the future.
If you can make a similar juice that is full of homemade freshness, there is less need to invest in store alternatives. For those with smaller kitchens, storing a bulky juicer isn't always possible. Some can be rather large, consuming a hefty amount of space.
If you enjoy juicing but struggle to find one that is suitable for your smaller kitchens, fear not as the Juice Fountain Compact certainly will not disappoint. As a compact, centrifugal juicer it will consume minimal space and is an ideal choice for beginners.
For those who are uncertain as to whether this juicer is right for them, we have created a review where we have identified the features of this appliance, along with the elements we like and those that could benefit from improvement.
Continue reading to find out more.
- Weight: 9.68 lbs
- Dimensions: 7.4" x 10.4" x 12.7"
- Material: Metal and plastic
- Voltage: 110 - 120 volts
- Power: 700 watts
- Container Capacity: 1.6 quart
- Feed Chute: 3"
- Speed Settings: 1 speed, 14,000 RPM
The Juice Quality
Fast juicers tend to produce juices with a lower shelf life and this is due to the oxidation that occurs.
However, in comparison to competitor offerings, this unit is praised for the high quality, great-tasting juices that it creates. Juices will contain minimal pulp and strain so users can enjoy a juice with a smooth consistency.
This model also has a stainless steel cutting disc surrounded by a micro-mesh filter. The combination of these components will extract more juice content and vitamins from the ingredients.
This juicer is equipped with a powerful motor that delivers 14,000 RPM. As such, it copes very well with a selection of fruits and vegetables.
Of course, just like many other juicers, it will juice some ingredients better than others. Those who enjoy juices with lower pulp content will be pleased to know that the juices will not need to be sieved.
Neutrally designed, this juicer has a silver base with accompanying plastic components. It also has a compact footprint which makes it easier to store.
If you wish to store it out of sight, it is likely to fit inside your kitchen cupboards with ease. If you intend to keep it on display, it isn't going to appear obtrusive. The clear container also allows you to watch the process as it occurs.
Something we particularly like is that the pulp container is contained within the footprint of the unit. Because of this, there aren't multiple additional components that need to be stored.
Most centrifugal juicers consist of the same components and because of this, they tend to adopt a similar appearance.
This juicer is praised for being easy to assemble as the smaller size means that it is composed of fewer parts and so there is less to try and assemble.
Ease to Clean
Opting for a juicer with dishwasher-safe parts is preferable as this saves you from having to clean it yourself. As most of the parts, excluding the central unit, are dishwasher safe, your juicer can be cleaned with little effort required on your behalf.
The mesh filter is likely to be the most difficult to clean, however, the cleaning brush intends to make this task easier allowing you to loosen the stubborn ingredients so that it will appear as good as new in no time.
Using the Blender
This juicer is very easy to use. Not only is it easy to assemble and disassemble but it doesn't come with any complex parts or settings.
Simply insert your ingredients and use the food pusher to ensure that they are all compressed inside the container.
Designed with a simple interface, the unit displays the power button. When you are ready to use the juicer simply press the button and it will begin to function.
Likewise, when you feel as though all of your ingredients are juiced to the consistency that you like, you can press this button to turn the unit off.
The Extraction System
As touched upon previously, this juicer is equipped with a unique extraction system that is composed of high-quality components.
Together, they will extract the nutrients from your ingredients as well as optimum juice content.
The Froth Separator
Certain ingredients will produce a lot of froth. For many, this frothiness can be particularly unappealing.
The integrated froth separator will collect the juice ensuring that when it is poured into the glass, there will not be much froth.
If you are planning on juicing leafy greens you should be prepared to lose some nutritional value, an issue that occurs with many centrifugal juicers.
Despite this, in comparison to other units, this model doesn't suffer quite as bad as it still extracts around 40% of juice from greens. It can also be used for hard and soft ingredients.
While softer ingredients can be rather messy as they are prone to spraying and creating mess inside the chamber, on the whole, when poured you will still enjoy plenty of taste and flavor.
It is particularly effective when juicing tougher ingredients as the powerful motor possesses breaks down these ingredients without affecting the flavor, or causing the components to become blocked.
On the whole, it is a versatile juicer that copes well with a range of fruits and vegetables with different densities.
- Affordability: Centrifugal juicers retail at various prices with some more costly than others. This unit enters the market below $100 providing an affordable option for those on a budget. Although it may be a cheaper option, it certainly does not compromise on the performance that it delivers.
- Brand Reputation: As a brand, Breville is known for producing high-quality juicers and because of this you can be confident that you are purchasing a reliable appliance.
- The Warranty: This juicer is covered by a 1 year limited warranty. Because of this, any errors that affect the functionality and usability of the juicer will be the brand's responsibility to rectify.
- The Size: As a compact juicer, this unit is easy to store in between uses and is an ideal option for those who have limited kitchen counter space available. The design is also rather contained as it doesn't come with a lot of separate components but rather the main unit which collects the pulp and the accompanying jug.
- Cord Wrap: The base of this unit features a cord wrap that will hold the cord when it is not in use. For many, the appearance of cords on their countertops can be rather obtrusive and this ensures that it is wrapped out of the way. It also helps to protect the cord from damage as it is contained in one place.
- Reduced Preparation Times: This juicer is designed with a 3" chute which is larger than most. As such, your fruits and vegetables can be inserted directly into the juicer without needing to be chopped into smaller pieces beforehand. This accounts for larger fruits like apples too. Because of this, you will not need to spend as much time preparing your ingredients.
- One Speed Setting: This juicer has one-speed setting and while this may make it easier to use, it can make it difficult to juice ingredients with different densities. While it is good for tough ingredients, it may be too harsh for softer ingredients and leafy greens.
- Emptying the pulp bin: If you plan on using this juicer to create juices in large quantities you will likely find that the filler bag requires frequent emptying to remove the pulp. While this may not be a significant issue for some users, for others it is likely to be rather inconvenient.
- Wet Waste Pulp: Due to the power of the motor you may find that the waste pulp is too wet, especially if the chamber has not been fed the ingredients slowly.
- Inserting the ingredients can be messy: Some customers have reported that inserting ingredients into the chamber can be messy, particularly if the unit is already functioning. Because of this, when adding additional ingredients you will likely need to remove the lid and insert the ingredients quickly to avoid those inside spitting out.
The Breville BJE200XL is a reliable, high-performing juicer. Despite the affordable price tag, it is a strong and durable contender.
While it is an excellent choice for beginners, due to the easy-to-use functions, it remains to be a worthy option for advanced juicers too.
The compact size appeals to those who don't have a lot of space to accommodate a large juicer. Of course, some elements can be improved but on the whole, this is a budget-friendly, reliable juicer.